Friday, July 11, 2014

Daft Punk

  • Daft Punk opens up




    Weiner, J. (June 6, 2013). Robot Overlords. Rolling Stone, (1184), p. 54-61.


    The well-known electronic duo artists, Daft Punk have a highly secretive studio in Paris. The hidden studio houses many custom built super computers as well as memorabilia of previous projects they have worked on. Such as, blue-ray disks of Tron Legacy and their infamous pyramid, which they use to house a lot of their equipment when performing live. The duo ended up in this high-end studio by many years of friendship. They became friends in eighth grade and have been creating music together ever since. Bangalter and Homen-Christo were just as quiet in eighth grade as they are now. To this day nobody knows them except by Daft Punk, which is, do to the fact that they prefer to remain anonymous to the rest of the world by wearing robot looking helmets. Over the past few years their name has been an electronic music phenomena because of their many new albums including Homework, Discovery, and Random Access Memories.  The most successful album, Random Access Memories was made in collaboration with Ferrell Williams. Themselves and their ability to step out of their comfort zone and work with other well-known artists made their amount of success.  As a result the duo have become one of the most influential electronic dance icons to this day.  

    The reason I picked this article out of all the other articles was due to the fact that Daft Punk is one of my favorite artiest of all time. I learned that they were from France and they had collaborated with other artists. I found that the article was worth reading because even though they are one of my favorite artists I realized there was more to understand. I picked Rolling Stones magazine because I find it interesting. I borrowed the magazine from a friend who knew I was obsessed with Daft Punk and told me that the article was interesting.

    Having read the article, I was curious to see what ads surrounded the piece. I found that 37.7% of the magazine contained ads. The reason I believe that this magazine and others like it contain not as many as the average magazine because, more than half the ads are full-page ads. The frequency of full-page ads meets the quota for advertising in Rolling Stones magazine faster than many smaller ads. I believe that these ads are fitting towards Rolling Stones Customers because it seems as if the ads are targeted towards males in general. These ads range from male accessories to action packed TV shows. I do not believe that these ads reflect the main focus of the article, however they are contained in the same magazine because they can be associated to generating revenue to concert venues when it comes down to having a good time at a concert.












No comments:

Post a Comment